What Network Marketing is NOT
- It is NOT an INVESTMENT PROGRAM! Just because you bought a business opportunity, it will forever be a business „opportunity‟ and not a business if you sit and do nothing. This is not Unit Trust or Mutual funds or a Fixed Deposit Savings Account. The money doesn‟t grow by you becoming a distributor. The more you invest doesn‟t mean you will necessarily earn more.
- It is NOT a GET RICH QUICK SCHEME! Those who make it big in MLM within a short time are the EXCEPTION to the NORM. Do you have what they have? (The experience, built trusts, contacts, paid the price) Everyone who has made it had all paid the price.
- It is NOT totally a SALES RECRUITMENT PROGRAM. Some like to sell. Some are salespersons, being good in sales will not make you succeed in MLM.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: List Building Domination Blueprint
- It is not MUSICAL CHAIRS. It is never about whom gets there first, sponsor a few people then sit down and watch the group build itself while the latecomers miss out on the opportunity forever. Remember that if the downline works harder, they will eventually earn more than their uplines.
- It is not a 9-5 JOB. In a 9-5 job, some people get away without doing any work sometimes (they still get their salary). But it is very obvious in Network Marketing that what you GIVE is what you GET.
- It is not a CLONING MACHINE. I am not down playing the need for uniformity and like-mind direction but remember that EVERYONE is DIFFERENT. Different people have a different personal touch when it comes to recruiting. Their relationships with their prospects vary from groups to groups.
- It is NOT a 100 METER DASH. It is a marathon. Business builders must pace themselves over a period of time. Going „all out‟ to the point of exhaustion is just bad because it is the quality of the work that counts, not the quantity. Don‟t „close the back door‟ or jump into the deep end without a float.
DOWNLOAD ALSO: SAVING TIME AND MONEY FOR WORK AT HOME ENTREPRENEURS
- It is DEFINITELY not a RELIGION. Please never ever treat your business like it is the ONLY business worth getting into (friend, if you don‟t get into MY MLM and if you join others, you are not my friend). They are NOT losers if they don’t join you! Please don‟t ever, EVER do this. You will lose a lot of true friends.
Common Mistakes to Avoid For Newbies
Trying to understand everything
If you are new in your business and you sit down for days (some even take weeks before they make their first phone call) trying out the product, reading all the company brochures, understanding every single calculation about the compensation plan, memorizing all the names of the management in the company (I think we get the idea)…
READ ALSO: The Internet Marketers Guide to PLR
This is a VERY SLOW way to get started in your business.
Your business is like riding a bike
(1) You don‟t learn to ride by reading the best manual on riding
(2) You don‟t learn until the moment you start peddling
(3) You learn by falling down
(4) You also learn how not to fall down after falling down the first time