Occasionally depression or a blue mood might have no evident cause and occasionally it might be caused by a number of elements. Keeping a journal is among the most potent tools available for personal growth and emotional mending. It may and should be a day-to-day ritual. Putting down our views lets us view them as separate from ourselves.
Once a thought is no longer perceived as a facet of your identity, it’s conceivable to question it. When an idea is mistaken for truth it may be hard to pull out from under the feelings affiliated with that idea. For instance, an individual who is newly divorced may think, “I’ll be alone eternally as no one will love me ever again.”
READ ALSO: Cultivating Contentment
This is likely not true, but the idea may seem so big and true and undeniably real, that it absorbs the entire sense of self. Feelings of aloneness and desperation become profoundly rooted and depression sets in for the long run.
Journaling exclusively might not ease depression, However it may help lift it and relax its grip. Day-to-day journal practice has the might to radically alter your life. Be unafraid. Bringing out of depression is worth it.
Some ideas to get you going:
- Once you get out of bed do a little stretching, yoga, or exercise to get the blood running for five-ten minutes.
- Drink some water (add a little lemon juice). Dehydration aggravates feelings of depression and tiredness. Citrus aromas have a mildly intoxicating quality and lemon helps detoxify the liver.
- Make certain your writing area is clean and comfy. Set a timer for a quarter-hour and get seated.
- The sole rule is that you must keep writing for the entire quarter-hour. Put down anything and everything that comes into your head. If you get stuck, write your to-do list, or a nice memory, anything. Just don’t quit moving your hand.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Command And Control
- When time’s up close your notebook and don’t look at what you wrote for a few weeks, at least. Make certain you keep your notebook someplace that no one may by chance read it. This material isn’t meant to be read, it’s meant to be composed.
- Do this every day.
Here is another exercise that can be done anytime; Many times a day if you feel overly negative you may begin a blog to share your gratitude with the world.
Simply put down at the least five things that are great in your life. You may begin each one with “I’m thankful for…” or “I’m thankful because…” Do you have your health? Something to be thankful for.
Was there a fresh gentle wind this daybreak? When you get going you’ll be astonished at how much you’ve to be thankful for. This type of journaling has a potent calming effect on the soul.
There are no reviews yet.